Neighbors Credit Union is a full-service financial institution offering products and services to the St. Louis Metro area. Established in 1928, we have assets in excess of $370 million.
We're local, we're stable, and we're flexible.
Neighbors Credit Union is seeking a Commercial Business Development Officer to join our team. The right individual will help us develop and grow our commercial banking program. If you have a passion for meeting the needs of small business owners and enjoy new business development, this may be the position for you.
As a Commercial Business Development Officer you will profile business members to identify product and service solutions that meet the financial needs of the member’s business, as well as potential needs for the business’s owners and employees. Your interactions with our members will highlight the value that our products and services have to offer.
Providing awesome member experiences through innovative products, superior service, and trusted advice, while strengthening our community with financial education. We are dedicated to the success of our members and employees to ensure we are the financial institution of choice.
• New business development, including direct mailing programs, following up on leads, calling on targeted prospects and generating new leads through community involvement will be key responsibilities for this position.
• Responsible for developing, servicing, and retaining relationships with small business members. Retention of the member base through value added and exceptional service is required.
• Acquire commercial deposit accounts. Analyze and develop strategies for growing commercial business deposits and investments through relationship building with business partners. Prospect to bring in new business members and develop a referral network to expand the business member base of deposits.
• Expand and retain relationships. Profile new and existing business members to ensure cross-sell of deposits, cash management, loans, and other credit union products. Follow up on all business accounts to ensure the full opportunity has been captured.
• Work with other departments to uncover sales opportunities with both current and potential business members. Make referrals to branches and other departments; i.e. investments, consumer loans, etc.
• Must be current with small business trends to know their challenges and needs. Be able to match solutions to their needs.
• Consistently provide a high level of member service to business members.
• Banking experience with a minimum of three (3) years in commercial lending is required.
• A college degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience.
• Experience in developing an active and growing commercial banking and deposit programs is preferred.
• The successful applicant must be relationship oriented and aggressive in business development. Solid knowledge of commercial banking products and excellent interpersonal skills are equally important for this position.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to cross-sell products, along with proven sales and product expertise with business clients. Strong knowledge of commercial deposit products and processes.
• Some knowledge and understanding of business lending practices, loan documentation, loan policy, regulations, underwriting, closing, and loan servicing is preferred.
• Possess advanced relationship management, new business development and sales prospecting skills. Possess a good understanding of which types of businesses are a good fit for deposit and loan products and services that our Credit Union offers. Strong teamwork skills, both within Business Department and all Credit Union departments. Strong time management and problem solving skills. Member focused with excellent interpersonal skills and communication
• Neighbors Credit Union offers a competitive salary, incentive and benefits package, in exchange for your talent and experience.
• Total compensation includes base salary plus incentive pay.
• We have excellent opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
For consideration please submit:
1. Cover letter- briefly describing your related experience to our needs
3. Current salary needed
Equal Opportunity Employer